In Greece, the accordion has a rich and authentic repertoire, a passionate audience and internationally renowned artists-musicians.
There was supposed to be a festival dedicated to this instrument.
It is done in Syros with a Festival organized voluntarily by amateur musicians, for 7 years.
In few words,
- Created in 2012, organized by a team of volunteer musicians
- The first Accordion Festival of Greece
- Located in the heart of the Cyclades on the island of Syros, Prefecture Aegean South
- 6 days in high season summer
- Annual event for professionals and amateurs of all ages, with workshops, concerts, events and workshops, exhibitions and conferences
- All musical styles are represented: traditional, popular, rock, classical, contemporary, etc.
- 6 events = 6 locations on the island chosen according to performance
In a few figures,
Number of participants
Percentage of participants who came:
Some moments in video :
Click here for more details
Click here for the Review 2018